Sunday 22 April 2012

Run London, Run!

Having now moved up to London, I'm trying to cross off as many 'London' events from my list of 'things to do one day' as I can.

So today it was the London Marathon. I'm afraid running the London Marathon does not feature highly on this list, but going to watch one has.

Luckily I woke up (all be it slightly hung over) to a lovely sunny morning, perfect weather for some marathon watching. Sun glasses in tow, I was off down to embankment ready for some whole hearted British clapping and whooping.

We found a nice little spot about a mile away from the end just by Big Ben and Westminster.



I was sooo impressed with everyone that went past us. I only saw one chunder and a couple of limps, (oh and a mankini) but for 25 miles in I thought that was pretty impressive. Walking 26 miles seems daunting enough to me, so running is probably just a bit mental. But, good on the peeps that did it.

I was impressed with the peeps that were running it, but I was even more impressed with the crazy fools that decide to take on the fancy dress costume.

I saw people carrying cave man clubs, golf clubs, flags and god knows what other props STILL at 25 miles. I would've gotten rid of that idea about 0.5 miles in.

 And then there were those others that went for the full on outfit...








The costumes did not disappoint.

Only disappointing thing was that I failed on my mission to spot a famous person, damn. Next year... I'll find one

No comments:

Post a Comment